Tell-tale signs that could indicate an elderly person may be in need of assistance:
• Noticeable weight loss or burn marks on the skin or pots and pans could indicate difficulty cooking, eating, or shopping for food.
• Sloppy appearance or poor hygiene could indicate difficulty with bathing, grooming and getting dressed.
• Black and blue marks on the body could indicate they have fallen and are having trouble walking or moving from place to place.
• An unmaintained yard or interior of the home.
• Dents and scratches on an automobile can indicate impaired driving abilities.
• Carpet stains or urine odor in the house can be signs of incontinence.
• Unopened mail, unpaid bills, unfilled prescriptions, or low food supply may indicate difficulty completing regular tasks.
• Lack of drive and motivation.
• Failure to return phone calls.